- A woman saying, “This reminds me of what my brother used to do to my dolls. (Pause) He’s in prison now.”
- A 7 year old in a bright pink outfit that declared when she walked into my studio, “Mom, I love the barf girls!”
- The one eyed Boston Terrier who was somehow comfortable surrounded by a thousand moving legs.
- Meeting a drop dead adorable puppy who has its own website.
- A woman who brought me coffee for no other reason than to be nice and talk about art and her time doing Barney’s windows in New York.
- Every child that came into my studio seemed confused about what was real or not real in the room and wanted to ask every adult that was available. I think the taxidermy baby ducks threw them off.
- Making chocolate versions of my dolls. Unfortunately getting them from my apartment to the studio for Art Hop was somewhat disastrous. The day was hot and my air conditioner was not powerful enough to keep them cool. Especially through a few stops. But it was fun to try my hand at casting the heads I made for the pendants in white and dark chocolate.
As always it was a fun… and overwhelming weekend. But I am still looking forward to next year.