Go big or go home
July 27, 2014 by Beth Robinson
It all started with an old piece that got returned from a gallery. I decided it needed to be re-worked. And somehow it turned into this giant project.
Anyway, works in progress so far. I hope to have some of these girls completed for my Art of Horror group show in October.
It all started with a piece that got returned from a gallery.
I felt like it needed a change.
So I decided to attach it to a body and starting trying to figure out what size that might need to be.
Once it was attached I started to really despise its impish, cute face so I started hacking it up.
And I hacked it into a kabuki-like grimace. Which started to seem comical the more I looked at it.
So I resculpted the face and added eyes and am really psyched about the progress so far.